ТR CU 004/2011 "On the safety of low-voltage equipment"
Our company is accredited for carrying out work to confirm compliance with the requirements of the technical regulations of the Customs Union TR CU 004/2011 "On the safety of low-voltage equipment", approved by the decision of the CCU of August 16, 2011, No. 768.
The scope of application of this regulation includes electrical equipment intended for use at a nominal voltage of 50 to 1000 V (inclusive) of alternating current and 75 to 1500 V (inclusive) of direct current.
TR CU 004/2011 does not apply to:
- electrical equipment intended for operation in an explosive atmosphere;
- medical devices;
- electrical equipment for elevators and freight lifts (except for electric machines);
- electric defense equipment;
- control devices for pasture hedges;
- electrical equipment intended for use in air, water, land and underground transport;
- electrical equipment intended for the safety systems of reactor plants of nuclear power plants.
Requirements for low-voltage equipment
Low-voltage equipment must be designed and manufactured in such a way that, when used for its intended purpose and in case of compliance with the installation, operation (use), storage, transportation (transportation) and maintenance requirements, this equipment ensures:
- the required level of protection against direct or indirect exposure to electric current;
- the absence of an unacceptable risk of elevated temperatures, arc discharges or emissions that could lead to hazards;
- the necessary level of protection against injuries by rotating and stationary parts of low-voltage equipment;
- the necessary level of protection from the dangers of non-electrical origin arising from the use of low-voltage equipment, including those caused by physical, chemical or biological factors;
- the required level of insulation protection;
- the required level of mechanical and switching wear resistance;
- the necessary level of resistance to external influencing factors, including those of nonmechanical nature, under the appropriate climatic conditions of the external environment;
- absence of unacceptable risk in case of overloads, emergency modes and failures caused by the influence of external and internal factors;
- Absence of unacceptable risk when connecting and (or) mounting.
Low-voltage equipment must be designed and manufactured in such a way that it is not a source of fire in normal and emergency operating conditions.
The consumer (user) must be provided with the necessary level of information for the safe use of low-voltage equipment in accordance with the intended purpose.
A certificate of compliance can have an annex containing a list of specific products covered by it. The annex is issued in the following cases:
- It is required to detail the composition of a group of homogeneous products manufactured by the applicant and certified for compliance with the same requirements;
- It is required to specify manufacturing plants that are part of larger associations that have uniform production conditions.
Information on the issued certificate of conformity is submitted by the certification body to the Unified Register of issued certificates of conformity and registered declarations of conformity.
We really value your time, therefore, in order to promptly resolve any questions related to the issue of a certificate or a declaration of TR CU, you can send a Request to our specialists by filling in and sending the Application to our e-mail address.